Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pepper Care Refresher

Hello, everyone

I am re-posting the basics of Pepper care, because it seems he's been doing a lot of visiting. We'd like to hear about visits more often, especially from people who choose to allow him in and / or to feed him. He's been absent from our house for several days and we were getting worried. Turns out, many have seen him and he's fine.

Thanks all!

-EF

Pepper Care

If you see Pepper out & about, please consider adding a blog post or a comment to let us know. If Pepper comes to visit and you'd like to let him stick around, please let us know that. Just please bear in mind the following:


* If you need to call us please do so between 6am and 10pm. If it's the middle of the night and you don't want to keep him, just put him out! Exceptions are
1) if he seems hurt (ravenously hungry doesn't qualify)
2) if the weather is terrible, or
3) if he's flirting with crossing a busy street (McGrath, Somerville Ave, Washington St, Bow St).

In those instances you can call anytime.

* If you find him off of Prospect Hill (meaning on the wrong side of Union Sq, the McGrath Hwy, Vinal, Highland, Summer, or Washington) please call us or bring him home.



* If Pepper is Visiting You PLEASE DON'T FEED HIM unless you plan to host him on a regular basis over the winter. He needs to learn where the consistent source(s) of food is(are).

* We don't mind him having extended visits (like a couple/3 days) in homes that enjoy having him around... he is a really fun cat! But, of course you'll need to have a litter box and all. Moreover, even if you had a hard time keeping him out of the house, after about 24 hours you'll have a harder time keeping him in!

Thanks, here's to successful community pet management!

-Eric F

12 comments:

  1. Hey there- we met Pepper today on Vinal Ave; he's being hanging around the building all day - hopped into our car, helped me do laundry, and met my cat, Alvin. Pepper was very well behaved and he got a treat. He decided to wander off into the night but he's welcome back any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, neat project!
    Pepper found me on top of Prospect Hill at daybreak this morning.
    He came out of no where! Jumped into my lap and curled right up.
    We swapped stories and kept each other warm while the sun came up.
    http://i.imgur.com/QcMQs.jpg
    http://imgur.com/YpgaV

    What a terrific cat! Hope we cross paths again.
    [pl]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pepper siting, 60 Boston Street, rear. He tried to dash inside the back door (to check out our still-on-going house renovations I assume) but my husband stopped him and he settled for a brief cuddle on the back steps instead. Thanks for visiting Pepper - please come by again when the kitchen is finished!

    http://gallery.me.com/coreytedrow#100143

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pepper helped with some gardening today at the corner of Highland & Walnut. Happy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw pepper on Saturday night (April 31) on Highland Ave. Such a cute, friendly cat! When I squatted down to take a look at his tags, he jumped in my lap for a quick snuggle. He followed for about half a block and then turned around when I got to Vinal. Loved the impromptu meetup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pepper's in my building right now! It's a apartment building with lots of hiding places, so he may be stuck here until he decides to camp out near a door and someone sees him!
    I tried to coax him into my apartment (to meet my cat) but he arched his back and started making throat noises... so I abandoned that idea!

    Then I tried to help him out of the building (as he's essentially trapped in here) but he hissed and snapped when I tried to pick him up..... I think seeing my cat got his defenses up. But this is what he looked like before!

    http://i.imgur.com/f8J6C.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/2UZx6.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too live in the building Pepper visited today. He seems underfed - I could see his ribs through his fur! He and my cat had a brief encounter & fell in man-cat-love. Hope he will visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw Pepper on my front porch tonight on the McGrath Highway side of Prospect Hill. Invited him in for a bit to get out of the rain but he and my roommate's cat didn't get along so I let Pepper out to avoid any cat battles. Looked like he headed back towards the Union Square side of the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im with pepper right now :).I'm up at the park and he's playing with all of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pepper came over to say hello last night as I sat on my Boston St porch. I was up for a visit, but he clearly had Places to Be and only stopped for a brief head pat before heading down Boston St, towards Prospect Hill Ave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw Pepper this morning (9/15) at my house on Boston St. near Greenville Terrace. He tried to dash inside, but mostly just wanted to rub my legs. Barely had a second to check his tags before he dashed off. I was worried about him until I came here--so glad I did and I hope he visits again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. pepper came and hung out with me over on the prospect hill side of mcgrath late tonight after a long work shift. what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete