Wednesday, July 25, 2012

R.I.P. Pepper; ~Feb 2010 -- 24 July 2012

We are tremendously sad to tell you all that Pepper died last night. He was struck crossing the McGrath Highway near the bottom of Prospect Hill, and was found shortly afterward by one of his Blog followers, Barry, who called us right away.

Pepper was a joy to know and “own,” and I know he charmed and was loved by many. I will miss him dearly, as will our entire family, especially Meredith and Zachary, who loved him first and best.

Our plan is to hold a little ceremony at Prospect Hill Park in a week or so, and invite the neighborhood to share their favorite Pepper stories. We will post the time and date here once we have that organized.

In the meantime, if you are so moved, we suggest donations be made in Pepper’s memory to the Alliance for Animals in South Boston.

Sincerely,

Eric and the Fellinger Family




6 comments:

  1. That's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that.

    RIP Pepper, your antics will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling a friend about Pepper's blog and discovered the sad news. He was quite a character, and my one interaction with him several months ago brightened my day! I have a cute picture of him making himself at home in the entryway of the Grandview. If you would like it, let me know and I can email it to you. I'm so sad for your family but happy to know that Pepper was so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad. Pepper was a super kitty. We enjoyed discovering him in and around our house. He was fond of napping in Zippy's stroller, and was remarkably tolerant of her over-enthusiastic petting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, my condolences.. To say that Pepper was a special cat is an understatement; The entries in this blog tell the story (and as you described Eric) of a cat who indeed charmed those he met and who was loved by many. We'll be looking for the announcement of the ceremony.

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone, for the condolences you are sending to me and to the family. I want to express my condolences reciprocally. One of the most special things about Pepper is he was truly an independent member of the neighborhood, and had his own relationships with many people. We legally owned him, which was as much a mantle of responsibility as anything else. I suspect there are people who feel the loss as deeply as we do, and loved him as well as we did, and I want to let people know that that we will take no offense or exception to that being expressed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only just found out about Pepper's passing--such sad news. I love cats, but Pepper really was a special fellow. On several occasions over the summer he would keep me company while I sat and read in Prospect Hill Park, and many times he would come for a chat and a cuddle on my porch. I'll really miss that guy--I'm sad I won't see his sweet,funny face again.

    ReplyDelete