Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pepper Memorial, Friday, 17 August, 2012, 6pm at Tower

Pepper was an extraordinary cat, curious and friendly, adventurous and outgoing. In two short years he became a celebrity on Prospect Hill, and touched the lives of many. His spirit brought people together.

In that spirit, please come together with us to remember Pepper, this Friday the 17th of August, 6pm, at at Prospect Hill Park.

We will have flower pots containing soil mixed with some of Pepper's ashes to give out. The idea is to have Pepper continue to dwell thoroughout the neighborhood. If you can't make the ceremony but would like a flower pot, please let us know.

RSVP by comment below please, so that we can have an approximate headcount.

-Eric


3 comments:

  1. Hi Fellingers,

    We're so sorry we can't be with you to celebrate Pepper in person. We loved walking out our door to find him curled up asleep in Tzippy's stroller, and she loved chasing him around the neighborhood and occasionally getting to pet him. We're sorry that we're out of town and will miss his memorial. If you have any extra flower pots, we'd love to have a bit of pepper around. If it's not too much trouble, maybe you could leave a pot in our garden? -Sarah, Josh, and Tzippy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, Boston StreetAugust 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM

    Hello...don't think I'll be able to make it, but...he was an extraordinary feline. From what I've recently read on past blogs, he may have made his way to my rear deck for an early breakfast rather frequently (~5:30 a.m. and he waited for me to appear). I have a feline companion myself, but Pepper was unique; Aslan NEVER jumps up on my lap, Pepper did, and I was engaged (or is that entranced)? When I hadn't seen him for a few days, I wondered....and learned from the blog that he had passed - I had hoped a move explained his absence. Very sorry for the loss of a great neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at Pepper's blog too late to attend; My girlfriend Linda and I would have liked to have taken part, as she met Pepper a few times as well. Would you let me know if you have any more flower pots with Pepper's ashes?

    Thanks
    Barry

    ReplyDelete